Monday, March 8, 2010

veggies from heaven

Do vegetables have souls? I can't help but think they are holier than us animals. They don't have to go to the basthroom for one thing, a lot like angels.

Today I bought some yummy Daikon and Shanghai Bok Choi at Pete's. I plan to stir fry them with tofu and soy sauce. Mushrooms are a good and tasty meat substitute, and the tofu and brown rice take care of the protein end of things. I need to get back on the wagon after a weekend of outrageous eating, and my lentil soup, now stew, has been holding out... I'll get one last meal out of it tomorrow

Jia Tsu told me today that she is translating a Chinese book about health and she wants to share the section on weight loss with me as well as to teach me some exercises. I am tempted to buy some weight loss tea from her but I think any old tea is probably helpful... somehow tea seems to have magical properties for protecting against cancer and lowering cholesterol.

I haven't been getting much exercise and have been feeling tired... something i must remedy now that the weather is so beautiful...may it continue. Tomorrow I'll be running around like a ding bat so will get a little exercise en route to the bus but that's about all...

WOnder how little Felix is doing? babies get exercise by flailing their little arms and legs around... their bodies when awake seem to always been in motion... William was like that anyway, always straining to stand up, to move around. Maybe his little brother will be a calmer, couch potato of a fellow. Maybe he'll take after his aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment