Thursday, March 11, 2010

Keep Moving

Today I finished the work I wanted to get done before going off to visit my mum on the weekend. It feels strange and not all good to be free of responsibilities, but I am lucky to have this flexibility and am used to putting up with feeling unsure of myself.

I have been neglecting my novel and my exercise regime so I think I will take myself to the library this evening to return 2 books and pick up one. A little walk will do me mounds of good. I tend to not make time for the things that are important, like writing my novel or exercising, not because I don't care enough but perhaps because I care too much. It's easier to do the work I do for other people because it doesn't inflame my perfectionistic streak the way working on my own behalf does.

It is a liability but also an advantage to have such a perfectionistic streak. I imagine it is true that on the flip side of liabilities there are often advantages . I will give that a little thought.

Today I had a bowl of cereal for breajfast, half a muffin with Dad, rice and lentils for lunch and spaghetti and cabbage for supper. I had coffee with S this afternoon, and we talked about dieting. I neglected to tell her I am not dieting but just trying to refain from eating like a starving hyena.

Well I must be off to the library... thank goodness it is close by, a good 15 or 20 minute walk there and back... It won't burn many calories but I'm mostly thinking it will help the pain in my legs to keep moving. Keep moving, the mantra of those who would rather sit on the couch staring into space. I know I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment