Friday, March 19, 2010

It's gorgeous, the sunshine, like a fine animal lounging in the grass. Today Michelle and I went for a swim... not a very big swim but enough to warrant a sit in the hottub afterward. Then I did a few minutes on the outdoor exercise machines... Couldn't pass it up on such a lovely day. I am pretty tired now and walking is a little painful and difficult. Thankfully dad has made supper which we will eat in no time (afte r his snooze)

I had a crazy honey nut O binge last night so skipped breakfast which of course one is not supposed to do. However my body seems relieved not to have been stuffed today. I had some wonderful pea soup and toast for an early lunch. That pea soup is powerful- comforting and wholesome. I feel good eating it.

Now I am looking out at the lake which is ice-free and blue as bleuberries. It'll be wonderful to swim in the summer. Cate asked if I'd like to try Chocolate Lake and I'm game but I can't imagine anywhere more beautiful than Lake Charles. There's nothing better than a dip in the lake on a sweltering day, or after mowing the lawn, or in the morning before anyone wakes up or in the evening when the sun slants sideways, turning the water gold. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment