Thursday, March 18, 2010

pea soup

I love the pea soup I made today, finally. With ham, onion, carrots and potatoes, it's a full meal deal in a bowl. I must remember to make split pea soup more often. If you eve have a ham bone you're not going to use I'd be glad to have it!

Today I overdid everything foodwise. I'm having trouble getting back on track with my food intake. However I am hoping Michelle will want to go swimming tomorrow morning... I should have gone to the outdoor exercise machines today but I was parched and really wanted to get home for a drink of water. Lately I've been getting dehydrated so i know I'm not drinking enough, and really need to invest in a proper water bottle.

This weekend at Naw Ruz there will be dancing, for which I am not really prepared. I hope I can sit quietly and watch instead of participating. I love to watch people dance and am not much a one for dancing myself, though I used to enjoy it when I was younger. It's strange to be middle-aged and to look back on those days, which were so unhappy, and to know that I may have wasted a lot of time being miserable.

yes to pea soup and dancing, if only in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment