Monday, March 15, 2010

Today was not very work-oriented. After interviewing Jia Tsu and buying some homemade soy milk from her, I came home and had a big nap. Then it was off to do laundry, which is always a big job. I lugged the dirty clothes in my suitcase to the corner laundromat and then back again, wet to hang on my washing line and on racks in the house. That would be enough exercise for me for one day but I told Michelle I'd go swimming with her tonight! I am actually quite looking forward to it.

I don't know why I am so able to nap the afternoon away... maybe it's normal. It might be, though,that my carb intake is too high. My doctor said that I must be eating too many carbs becasue my cholesterol is so high when I'm not taking meds. I've been trying to cut back and have had some success with only eating unrefined whole grain bread and pasta, but find it difficult to reduce the quantities. I think I need to add more veggies and fruit in order to stick to a lower carb diet.

Jia Tsu says she has lowered her cholesterol just by eating porridge for breakfast, made from whole grains like oats and kamut, as well as dates and nuts and her own soymilk. This is something I want to give a try. Usually I eat porridge with maple syrup but I guess I'm going to have to put a stop to that! And buy some dates and walnuts. An expensive but tasty and healthy breakfast. I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment