Saturday, February 27, 2010

To do: laundry by the tonne

I'm totally wiped and feel good- my body aches just enough to let me know I've something worthwhile, helping Kristine with some garbage removal and moving of boxes and bags. She's been in the throes of moving across the harbour for a couple weekes now, and tomorrow we'll put on the big push to get everything out so the next tenant can move in.

I've wimped out on doing my laundry at the laundromat this week- I'm too tired and Dad offered to drive me to his place to do it. So I'm waiting for him to come get me, and we'll visit my nephew for a little while before going back to his place. Thank goodness for helpful dads!

Last night I went beserk, eating way more honey nut Cheerio-clone than I should have. I was actually craving chicken (hence my cereal binge) so bought a freerange one at the market and can't wait to cook it. Some people don't like to cook only for themselves but I love to make myself a roast and veggies, even if it's only me at the table!

Well my laundry will get done and I will be relieved... there's no way I can hang it on the line since it's going to rain for the next few days... It takes a lot of energy to drag it to the laundromat and back, wet, to hang on the line or in my apartment. What I need is some kind of dryer that I can run by pedalling a stationary bike. I was watching on tv how some women in India were irrigating fields with a pump that was controlled by paddles they walked on like a Stair Master machine. Wouldn't we all be better off if we had to power some of the gizmos we take for granted ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment