Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hey! It's a sunny Saturday before Chinese New Year and Valentines Day! Kristine and I had eggs benny at Our Thyme Cafe- scrumptious. Then off to market where I bought some more ingredients to make chicken stew. That will be for tomorrow-today my lentil soup beckons. It really is delicious and I'm looking forward to finishing it.

My exercise for the day is going to be doing three loads of laundry. If you've never been fat and had to drag your laundry to the laundromat and back, wet, then you might not think laundry takes much energy, but I tell you, you are mistaken. I expect to feel quite wiped when I finish. I'd rather use the outdoor rowing machine or walk to the bridge but laundry is something that one cannot ignore, when it's building up in one's bedroom closet.

Actually housework can work up a sweat, from dishes to vacuum cleaning to scrubbing the tub ( which I do far less frequently than laundry!) There should be something like a pedometer for people who do a lot of housework, so they can see how much energy they're expending. Heck, if I had one I might clean my place more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment