Friday, February 12, 2010

Today was unseasonably, unreasonably warm, much to my delight. At least it was warm when I got a ten minute work out on the outdoor exercise machines across from the Sportsplex. That was a good ten minutes on the rowing machine and another one whose name I don't know but which uses levers controlled by the arms to rock the legs back and forth. It wasn't cardio but it felt like I'd done something when I finished

Later outside at the playground with Mary's boys it was blustery and cold with the occasional flurry. Thankfully my legs weren't bothered by the gravel in the playground so I was able to watch my charges pain-free. My GP has referred me to a physiotherapist, so I expect sometime down the road to be seen at the hospital. I personally think it is simply that I'm too heavy, and I'm working on that, but it wouldn't hurt to have a professional give their opinion.

I am feeling good about how the un-diet is going. I don't feel deprived because I let myself have treats, in moderation. Today for example, Kristine brought real licorice and cookies (I had two). But the rest of what I ate today was leftover salmon and tofu with brown rice for breakfast, and lentil soup and brown rice for supper. Lunch was a little bit of macaroni salad with tuna. Not enough veggies perhaps but not too bad...

Strangely, cutting down the carbs seems to help reduce my appetite or perhaps it's the Metformin doing its magic. Whatever it is, something is going right... it may just be a trick of the mind, as it has been so often in the past, but I feel that I am able to maintain my healthier eating habits and am on the right track to recovery from obesity, if you can call it that...it's early days yet, but my hope is to see the pounds drop away so one day I can get back to early morning roller blading by Lake Banook, and deepwater aquafit. I also miss being able to wear little bits of clothing that don't fill up a washing machine the way my current wardrobe does. Now, off to watch the Olympics, with all those men in tights, as Kristine says!

No comments:

Post a Comment