Thursday, February 18, 2010

Well it's time to come clean- I just ate a can of baked beans and almost a can of corn. It seemed like a little bit of food but my stomach tells me otherwise. That's supper... I wish i could take it back.

I did precious little shovelling the other day, just the front steps and a path to the garbage cans. A short walk today, to and from the bus and the Bloomfield Centre. Am pretty ready to sit on my butt for awhile, or even nap.

This weekend, I'm off to New Glasgow to do a reading from Migration Songs and a workshop on Monday. I'm really looking forward to it... I don't know if the hotel has a gym but I might give it a whirl if so... not that I have any gym appropriate clothes! Not even sure what people wear to the gym these days- do a tshirt and shorts still work?

I was watching some Olympic Speed skating last night. Oh my gosh. it looked painful and I hear that it is- Clara Hughes said so. Although I am not in favour of extreme exercise, I admire Clara for her big heart and her extraordinary switch from one Olympic sport, a summer one, to another, a winter one. That's the kind of excellence that deserves special attention. I think it shows that personal commitment and determination can cross over from one part of our life to another... that if for example I have enough staying power to write a book, maybe I have the "stickiness" to lose a bunch of weight. I am counting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment