Saturday, February 20, 2010

Today was a good day for exercise, with several short walks. Foodwise, however,it was fairly outrageous. I had oatmeal for breakfast and then met a couple friends for brunch. One of them had never had dimsum so we introduced her to a new cultural experience! It was worth the dietary disaster to have initiated her into the joys of dimsum. I ate way, way too much, and later I wanted plain steamed rice for supper with steamed veggies. But I was on the way to a meeting so settled for hummus on a bagel with veggies. It was delicious... there was cumin in the hummus I think which gave it a wonderful flavour.

Buying halawa was a mistake. I ate a lot of it last night but have managed to be moderate about it today... its saving grace is that it is made from sesame which apparently has more calcium for its weight than any other food on the planet. Now off to bed so I can wake up bright and early tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment