Monday, April 5, 2010

Wow Easter dinner at mum's- always worth waiting for. Leg of lamb, veggie- asparagus, snow peas, broccoli, cauliflower, mushy peas, potatoes and sweet potatoes ( mum knows how to do veggies like nobody's business.) When we got to mum's my blood sugar was low and I gobbled up a lot of cracker and pate and cheese and carrots and celery. I'd only eaten a piece of toast for breakfast and a scone for lunch, but I overdid it on the appetizers. Then dessert rolled around- trifle by mum and two pies that Ping and I brought. We could have stayed til midnight eating. William did well on his veggies with constant coaching by his parents and threats of no dessert. He gobbled the trifle and chocolate eggs from Andrew and Greg... he'll turn into a Quon one day and will enjoy both the sweet and the green.

I did a few stretches today and I think it will help my legs if I keep doing them. Dad and I walked a good distance the other day- well, from my place to the waterfront and around a bit of the trail and back home with a sit at the ferry terminal and lunch at May Gardens. Not a long walk but not a bad one, and with stretches halfway, probably not as painful as some. It's still a major problem though and hopefully physio tomorrow will help.

need a bed time snack- yes even after that easter dinner! Thanks Mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment