Friday, April 9, 2010

It's the eve of the Atlantic Book Week, and I predict there will be lots of excitement, opportunities to eat too much wonderful food and little opportunity for exercise. Maybe that's just wishful thinking. Actually I will be missing an aquafit class, which makes me kind of sad, but hopefully I'll make it to the Wednesday one.


The exercises the physio has given me are a bit taxing -hard on the stomach- but that's the point I guess. I've been forgeting to use a stool when I'm on my computer or to put a pillow between or under my legs when I sleep. I do feel that the more exercise I do the better... and that I can walk through the leg pain better when I've done more stetching and other exercise.

My mind has been on other things, not on my health. I felt like celebrating today so brought Haagen Daz and strawberry tarts to Kristine's. She made some lovely asparagus, fish and chips for supper, and I went and added dessert on the end of what was already a good meal. I realize every day that I say, I will watch what I eat tomorrow, is a lost day. It's strange, as though I just forget my good intentions... they're swept out of my mind by hunger, greed, stress, fatigue, craving, boredom, excitement, and habit. Habit is the big one I think. I need to hold my health always in front of my mind, like a carrot in front of a donkey. Make that a cream puff. There I go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment